Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dodge2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I have a 2.2 GHz Macbook (I believe that makes it a "Santa Rosa") and tried to upgrade the memory to 4GB, however the macbook will not boot at all with 4GB in it. If I take out either one of the 2GB (I tried both configurations) modules and run the original 1GB with it, I'm fine and everthing shows that I'm running 4GB. But if I put them both in there, I get nothing. I bought the memory from Crucial (Micron). I'd greatly appreciate any help... Thanks!

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
My guess would be that either your not getting it in all the way or that one of the RAM cards is damaged. Did you try running it with only one in and then try running it with only the other one?

dodge2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Yes, I tried all the various configurations and also made sure that everything was seated correctly. From what I'm reading on some of the other threads, several people have run into this with the black Macbooks and Crucial's 4GB memory upgrade. Thank you for your kind assistance though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.