help!!!! macbookpro+10.5.2+projector will not mirror

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Danerve, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Danerve macrumors newbie

Upgraded to 10.5.2 recently and as I tried to connect to a projector to speak at a conference I mirror displays and the projector does not project an image.
    Have used this combo of mac and projector before 10.5 without problems. My mac recognizes the projector(I get a screen on the display software panel with U4 on it- the projector is a DLP U4-237) but the projection on the screen says no signal. I am half way across the country in Sun Valley Id with many hours of talks. Thanks

macbook pro 2.4GHz with 2gb memory vintage August o7

2. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Umm, have you tried asking Apple?

You also didn't say what kind of connection you are running to the projector. If DVI, try using the DVI>VGA adapter and using VGA as a stopgap. If VGA, try using DVI. Etc, etc.

3. Danerve thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I called Apple no phone help after 6 PM- I am scheduled to talk at 6:30 in the morning. I am using my usual apple DVI to VGA connector to the projector, something I do over 50 times a year. Again this time No Signal on the screen. I have the projector set up in my room right now and doing multiple restarts, disc repair etc

Thanks

4. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Is there a way to factory reset the projector? It's possible the projector is actually the culprit and is misconfigured in some manner. Can you get the projector to display any sort of signal at all, like from a DVD player or Cable box?

Worst case scenario, go out and buy a different projector, or a different computer (yeah, that's a pain). But we need to change some variables in the equation to figure out where the problem lies.

If the projector has an HDMI port, you could also try a DVI to HDMI adapter and see if that gets you anywhere.

5. GRN99EX macrumors member

Screen Resolution

What screen resolution are you running? I have had the same issue in the past, and the only thing that fixed the issue was to drop my resolution to 1024 X 768. I would say that it is more the fault of the projector, but I have had it happen on 3 different projectors. One of them brand new.

If you have to wait till the morning, you may want to try this first.

-Sean

6. Danerve thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanhs
    Tried this still stuck, used another presenters PB G4 with 10.5.2 and no conflict with the projector.

7. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

ah.. so i guess for now can go on with it ! i had a wierd issue.. the vga connectors for the lcd were screwed into the desktops there ! i anyways had a backup of my seminar in ppt.. but still it sucks compared to not being able to use a mac :(

8. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Are you sure your DVI-VGA adapter hasn't failed? This has occurred many times for folks on these forums. Can you connect your MBP to another VGA device to make sure it's not the adapter?