HELP: Mail & Address Book Coordination?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by keowee, Feb 16, 2008.

1. keowee macrumors member

HELP!

Would anyone tell me if and how I can choose which email addresses in my Address Book for a person to be used when Mail application automatically fills "addresses" when creating a new mail?

If there are multiple addresses in a person's entry, does Mail automatically use the one listed at the top? If so, I will need to rearrange email addresses so that the default address will appear as the first one on the list.

Also, is there a way to have Mail send to all of the mail addresses listed under one person?

Thank you for your help in advance!

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

when you start writinf the :to:...: section start writing the persons name, you ll see all of his/her email adresses, just pick the one addres you want to send it to. to send all of them at once i dunno..

3. keowee thread starter macrumors member

Send a GROUP mail via Mail Application

Thank you for your reply. I apparently forgot to note the most important information: I'm talking about sending a mail to a "group." When you group some people together in Address Book and choose the group name in the "TO" section, Mail automatically picks up one address for each person. My question is HOW to have Mail pick one or all of them when there are multiple email address for one person.

Would someone help?? Please!

4. toddrohner macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with Mail and it is frustrating. If you put an address book group in the "to" it picks an address for contacts with multiple addresses. Mail does not seem to recall what I have previously selected for these users. I definitely would like to set the default per user. If anyone would share how to do this I would appreciate it.

I have not been able to find a solution with searches on this forum and Apple support.