Help!!! Mail problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Etowahlax14, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Etowahlax14 macrumors newbie

I just loaded mail onto my iPT and this Error comes up when I try to login to yahoo mail

Cannot get mail
    The username or password for
    "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect

?????????????????????
    HELP!!!!!

2. ywc19 macrumors newbie

Ditto here. Looking everywhere on the web for the answer. Also tried some things, but unsuccessful so far. Any answers out there?

I don't have an iphone, but I think when an iphone is connected to a pc, itunes has an advanced settings tab which allows this yahoo mail username to be changed to imap.apple.mail.com. Can anyone with an iphone verify this?

3. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

No but what is with the "HELP!!!!!!!" Do you need to yell at everyone? is getting your mail that urgent that you cant just use the computer?. Try syncing your ipod and changing the advanced settings in settings tab (ie. the port numbers).

4. uburoibob macrumors regular

Is "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" correct? Is there really an "apple" in the imap address for your Yahoo mail?

Bob

5. robertma1 macrumors member

I don't know if this helps but I had an iphone for a short time before returning it due to a bad screen. I couldn't connect to yahoo mail until I was on the edge network. Then it would after the initial connection on wifi I think. It may have always used the edge for that connection though.

6. ahweigor macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem a week back, but i managed to fix it. Not sure if it'll help you though.

I think the Yahoo! on mail app is for yahoo address on the US servers, but i'm in the UK, so i think they have different server settings thats why it didnt work.

I went to my yahoo mail settings, pop and forwarding, to view the settings.

Next go to ipod touch and choose other (or settings, mail, add account, other), input the correct settings and it should work (might take couple of mins)

On my yahoo account it says my pop settings were:

Server Settings
    Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Account Name/Username: yourusername
    Email address: yourusername@yahoo.co.uk
    Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Hope this helps

7. bigdd444 macrumors newbie

yahoo mail problem

To all,
    I HAVE THE ANSWER TO ALL THESE PROBLEMS!!! I ALSO HAD "RECURRING" PROBLEMS. SOMETIMES YAHOO MAIL WORKED FINE AND OTHER TIMES NOT. EVER NOTICE THAT SOMETIMES WHEN YOU SYNC THE TIME AND DATE GET SCREWED UP??? WHEN TIME AND DATE ARE OFF YAHOO MAIL WON'T WORK. JUST RESET THE TIME AND DATE PROPERLY AND YOU WILL WORK FINE. THIS WORKS FOR ME "EVERYTIME". HOPE THIS HELPS. PASS THIS INFO ALONG.
    Good luck. David

LET ME KNOW PLEASE IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU.

8. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

I'm afraid it did not work for me. My Date and Time seem to be fine, as well as my timezones. Yet Yahoo will still not connect. "password and/or username are incorrect". They aren't.

9. bigdd444 macrumors newbie

Login Error With Yahoo

Well fixing the date has worked for me. I also made sure my inbox with Yahoo did NOT have more than 200 emails in the inbox. I archived the rest. Also perhaps trying to clear the cache, history etc on your ipod touch. Maybe that will help. I did all of these things and now I work fine (until the next time). Keep me posted. Also if nothing works you may just want to forward from yahoo to gmail and pick up your mail from gmail. That always worked for me.

10. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

I've tried them all. Forwarding may be my only hope.

11. bigdd444 macrumors newbie

ipod touch yahoo problem

Well,
    Sorry I couldn't help. Where do you live. I am in Ontario. Just bought my
    3rd ipod touch today. My son wanted one and now my wife so I bought her one for her upcoming bday. I am DONE!!! I was always a fan of the palm pda and still use it everyday. But this ipod is amazing. Best, David

12. llsweetgeek macrumors newbie

Thank you, bigdd444!

Your suggestion worked!

Sure enough, my date and time settings were suddenly, mysteriously, way wrong. Thanks so much!

13. dweeblethorpe macrumors newbie

Thank you

This instruction worked. THANK YOU!