Help! Mail quits when trying to attach .zip file

Discussion in 'macOS' started by peanut48, Jun 4, 2007.

1. peanut48 macrumors regular

Hi

I've been trying to email a .zip file via apple mail...but it quits each time i try to attach it...it works fine with my other files...I'm not using parallels as others in the forums with similar issues have...I recently had to be on the phone with apple care for 2 hours coz of my home folder being renamed :)o ) by me accidently n then them not being able to figure out where it went...Now i also cant use filevault anymore coz if I do eachtime i turn my macbook on all my customised settings r lost (icons, desktop, etc)...so basically after running whatsize i know have some 15GB of a sparseimage which i dont know how to get rid of...any of this related to my mail trouble???

2. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

With all the problems your having it might just be worth doing a clean install of OSX (after having backed up your data of course). It'll give you a clean sheet to start from and you'll see everything will run smoothly.

3. peanut48 thread starter macrumors regular

ya i was thinking I might do that when I get some free time...So would the clean install clear up my HD? in terms of that 15GB sparseimage file?

n now i need to find out how to do a clea install on the forums... :)

4. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

A clean install will basically format your disk and install a fresh copy of OSX on it. Its very easy to do. Just pop in your OSX restore disk you got with your mac and follow the instructions. A quick search of the forums here will find you a more detailed step by step description of how to do it.

5. peanut48 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot!!