HELP! Major issue with Macbook pro Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Focuslined, May 11, 2014.

1. Focuslined macrumors newbie

Hi,

A couple of months ago my mbp screen would sometimes do this colour flickering (when it does this you can't move the mouse,etc. but the audio would still work).

External monitor = all OK.

now I got a really big issue.
    its gotten really worse.

I use to be able to just move the lid back or forth and it would fix it, but now I have a 5% chance to be able to use my macbook pro (without the screen messing up). its like I have to put the lid down, then put it back up and move it back and forth and then HOLD it with one of my hands firmly (only works sometimes).

as of now there are no issues but if I move it back or forth it will start messing up again and I will be lucky enough to get it back to normal.

question:
    what do I do?.

is this just a loose cabel?. can I tighten something??

any ideas PLEASE

ty

----------

the screen is fine when I get it to stop flickering but that's the problem...

I have to keep moving the lid back and forth and what not to get it normal...
    but for the last 2 days its 90% flickering and I am like a robot trying not to touch the key too quick (kinda)...

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

The best thing you can do is take it to an Apple store or if that's not convenient, call them.

3. Jakins macrumors newbie

Sorry for macbook flicker

It is interesting that thousands of macbooks have serious flicker problem. However, when you go to Apple store they said "We have never heard of this".

This problem happens after you install various softwares...which seems like is not Apple's problem. Seriously?

Please submit complaints to BBB, FTC and on these forums. Hopefully Apple will have some dignity to own up and help their customers.

Shame on Apple!!!

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Millions don't (I've never heard of it either), plus Apple has pretty much offers the best support in the computer business.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Sorry but how is a flickering issue which occurs after installing 3rd party software Apple's problem? There are countless millions of users who install countless millions of Apps and software packages who don't have a flickering issue...

----------

Just re-read your OP. You VERY likely have an issue with the screen signal cable. Just take it to Apple and they will fix it.

Sorry but they likely won't go to media on the basis of your screen issue and issue a worldwide press release stating they have a huge problem with screen cables....because they don't. As the screen cable is flexed every time you open and close the lid it is one of the most susceptible components to failure after the HDD on laptop brands worldwide (just like tyres are one of the most likely items to wear out on your car).

6. Saint.Icon macrumors regular

Seriously? You expect them to cater to people who are too stupid to install proper software, and pretend it's Apple's problem?

And when they don't fix your mistakes, you're talking about the BBB, FTC, and these forums?

I'm sure you're just a dream of a customer. So entitled, so vindictive, and always looking for someone to blame. The only one who needs some dignity is you.