Help making application stay in desktop

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tijuanamiguel, May 28, 2007.

1. tijuanamiguel macrumors member

Hey, i'm kinda new here :)

Ok, the thing is, i've installed PandoCalendar ( http://www.pandacorner.com/PandaSystems/PandoCalendar.html ) which is a desktop calendar which you can customize and add notes to etc.

The problem is, i want it to stick to my desktop so that every time i make expose move everything out of the way and display the desktop, the calendar is there instead of hiding around the borders with everything else! its annoying having to pull it over all the other applications because of transparencies and colors looking bad etc, plus it fits really well where i placed it in my wallpaper.

So really, is there any way i can just glue that damn calendar to the desktop in OSX Tiger?

Is there a feature called 'ignore exposee' or something?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you're just using exposé to switch between windows in one application then you can just press F10 and that would just let you choose between windows in that one application.

3. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

IIRC, there is a way to install Dashboard widgets to the desktop. I honestly have no idea how it's done, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere. I don't know about other applications however.

4. tijuanamiguel thread starter macrumors member

ok, thanks.

i did find a little fix that allows widgets to stay glued to the desktop. in fact, it's one of the yellow guide topics in this forum xD

altough, pandocalendar is an application and not a widget.

is there a way of turning an existing application into a widget? that would be incredibly useful and it would solve my troubles!