Help making iPhoto 08 export like earlier versions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by toomuchrock, Nov 3, 2007.

1. toomuchrock macrumors member

All I want to do is export files in some way that they remain sequential. In the previous version I could export by album and photos 1 to 100 would come out like:

Exporting 1 to 10 would yield:

album - 01.jpg
    album - 02.jpg
    album - 10.jpg

However with the new version, exporting with album name gives you:

album - 1.jpg
    album - 10.jpg

which of course means that now images are ordered:

1, 10, 2, 3, ..., 9

Not what I want.

To get my HTML export to work like I want, I edit the plug in. When I try to do the same for file export I notice

1) FileExporter.iPhotoExporter has been replaced with a FileExporter2.iPhotoExporter. Aha they have changed things around.

2) There doesn't seem to be anyway I can tell it to zero pad numbers in Localizable.strings.

Anyone got a line on this? Please note the new "sequential" export in iPhoto 08 also spits out 1, 2, ..., 10 and not 01, 02, ..., 10 as I need.

Thanks,

SiD

2. toomuchrock thread starter macrumors member

Well I gave up and just wrote a quick perl one-liner that renames files post export from iPhoto.

I've also had to change many of my behind-the-scenes programs because the HTML export no longer starts with 0 (aka Pages/0.html Images/0.html Thumbnails/0.html) but instead with 1. I suppose it's to facilitate the "Current Page: 1" new addition at the top of the page.

Bah I suppose I might as well just build my own pages instead of using their limited template anyway.