help making screen protector choice...so many to choose from

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Gunplameister, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Gunplameister macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    little about me, i love my electronics and take good care, have NEVER dropped any of my phones, I have been using HTC phones for couple years and when my last one dies about a month ago i gave into a 3GS and have been in love since. now i know i was exchanging the 3gs on tuesday for I4 since i got it and have a stock anti glare protector and a incase "that i love btw" but need some help with new screen protector for I4

im getting the zaggskin for the back as im using my own custom logo for it and dont care if it has some of the orange peel texture, but what is the best clear/texture free one available? there are like 50 diff ones out there and they all claim to be crystal clear with no texture but seeing vids and pics say otherwise.

thanks for any help in advance

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

For the front, if all you're looking for is clarity, then I think PowerSupport or SGP will treat you well. No texture, crystal clear, and highly recommended around these parts.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wrapsol for the back, Power support for the front.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

That seems to be the consensus around here, but this guy did say he is using IS for the back for his custom logo. ;)

5. Gunplameister thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply, got sgp ultraclear on the way

any chance anyone has a better coupon code than 20%off at zagg?

thanks again

6. prozz macrumors newbie

I'm looking at the SGP selection, and there are so many to choose from, don't know which one to pick. Which one is the best? i want one that is scratch proof and protects from finger prints/oil. I'm waiting for them to make another version due to the cut out not being done properly. Which model is everyone getting and is it good? Ive also looked into the Zagg invisible shields, are they any good compared to the SGP range

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I always buy the cheapest ones I can find on eBay. Never had any issue. I have one on my iP4 right now.

8. Gunplameister thread starter macrumors newbie

well for me after the suggestions i went to handy ole youtube and looked them up, there was actually a couple vids that a guy had put the anti-glair fingerprint on one and the ultra clear on the other and i could see the diff, right now i have a anti glair one on my 3gs and it adds some grainy textrue to the grafix.
    got my bumper, front sield on the way and waiting a day or two to see if i get lucky and can snag a 30 to 50% off from zagg for the back

9. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I got the SGP anti oleophobic and botched putting both on (somehow i am absolutely terrible at it.) So i just took them off and idk what im going to do now. The only thing about the SGP i don't like is that the whole scotch tape dust removal technique does not work out well at all with it. If you don't get it perfect the first time then you will get tons of dust under the protector and instead of 1 air bubble you will have 20 (what happened to me, heck 1 of the protectors had dust under it before i even took the film off the protector.

But with that being said, if you can manage to get it on good then the SGP was great looking, really nice feel and very clear, but seeing as i couldn't get them on w/o thousands of bubbles i just took it off.

Oh i also notice on my SP's there was a weird thin and circular indentation around the ear piece which looked terrible, i honestly don't know where those came from.