[Help] Making themes for Winterboard on iOS5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eXAKR, Mar 1, 2012.

1. eXAKR macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new both to these forums and iPhone jailbreaking/theming.

I have decided to start theming my iPhone a bit using Winterboard, mainly to get rid of the linen texture in iOS5 (which bugs me) and to make the Notes and Reminders app, and perhaps the Calculator app less skeumorphic.

While I have managed to achieve the former mostly, I'm practically lost with the latter. I just want to extract the default UI images from the apps and mod them from there, but when I tried to do that by using Phone Disk and copying the PNG images over, they all turn out "corrupted". Does anyone therefore know how to extract these images so they can be properly displayed on a computer? Or is there perhaps some sort of template that I can use?

As for the linen texture, I have successfully replaced most instances of it, except in three places: in the Maps app, the Notification Center pull-down tab that appears when you are in a full-screen app, and the volume slider in the app switcher bar. I'm not sure where these images are, or how to replace them. Help?

2. 0m3ga, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

0m3ga macrumors 6502

It takes a while to figure outwhere everything is, but instead of trying to theme using Winterboard, why not use iFile on the phone and iFunBox on your pc or Mac to manipulate the code to do what you want?

Just curious. It has taken me about a month to really get to know where everything is on the ipad and iphone, get to know common file naming and so on. But I feel the time spent was worth it. I'm not a big fan of Winterboard.

For notes and the rest, find the .png file you are looking for under var/stash/applications/mobilenotes or substitute the last name forcalendar or whatever. Additionally, you need to replicate the file properties of the file you are replacing. There is alittle blue arrow on the right side of the file name. Click that open and you'll see thefile properties. Usually is some thing like 'mobile mobile, then read, write,mread, read then the date and time the file was last changed.' Make sure your new .png has the exact same properties. Good luck.

Hope that helps?

P.s. if you use photoshop to alter any png images, makesure they are the same pixel size when you finish. You should not run into any corruption. And i would highly recoomend using iFunBox to pull imagesoff your phone to the pc.