help making this playlist

Discussion in 'iPod' started by OrangeCuse44, Sep 1, 2007.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Hey all, I want to create a smart playlist that adds songs by artists that have only ONE song in my iTunes library. Can this be done? Thanks.

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Whilst I'm no expert on these things...

You could manually add a 'comment' to the tracks and then create a Smart Playlist that contains only that 'comment'.

Attached Files:

3. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Yeah...but that still isnt automatic which im trying to do with a smart playlist.

4. calculus Guest

calculus

I don't think there is any way to do it...

5. Lau Guest

It's not quite the same thing, but anyone that I only have a song or two by is usually someone I wouldn't ever have the whole album of, so instead of having the relevant album in the comments (which means little when it's a random song) I put "Non Album" as the album name (although this could be "*" or "_" or similar), and have a smart playlist for "Non Album" so it automatically adds them.

Not as easy as it auto sensing who has one song and doing it for you, but once you've done them it works well.

Edit: Or what BoyBach said, basically. :p

6. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Well, hopefully we will see a new iTunes next wednesday with more options for smartER playlists. I have a couple in mind that just can't work with the current options.