Help Making Video Pop-Up Window

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Heb1228, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I'm using rapidweaver and want to add some video content to a site. I've looked for some info on what code to use for this but haven't found much help via google.

The video files are quicktime .m4v files.
    I want a video link that opens a small browser pop-up window, slightly larger than the 320x240 video size.
    Is it possible to have a full-screen button or can you only do that with flash video?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You'll need JavaScript to open a new window at a specific size. I believe Flash is needed for doing full screen. You might be able to find a converter for your movie so it'll be in Flash format. I don't mess with videos so don't have any links off hand, but I know it's a common thing so searching it out shouldn't be too hard.

3. Heb1228 thread starter macrumors 68020

Heb1228

If Quicktime plugin can't do fullscreen, then I think I'm going to have to go with flash. I didn't want to because MPEG Streamclip wasn't giving me the export option for FLV. (I know I could use ffmpegx, but its not as easy IMO as Streamclip's FLV export.)

I finally got it back however. I had already installed Creative Suite CS4 and it must not have installed the plugin for Streamclip or FCP to export to Flash Video. I installed Flash CS3 and Flash Video encoder from the CS3 disc and suddenly the option is available again...

4. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

M4v is a flash standard, so no need to go f4v instead.

If it's a lightbox you want, as opposed to a separate pop-up window, how about Flowplayer?

5. dawiyo macrumors member