[HELP] Managing contacts in the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grolubao, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hi All,
    Normally, the way I managed my contacts on the iPhone was simply adding them as I would need, without specifying emails on the contact. I never needed to associate an email to the person, because every time I would write an email, google recognizes the contact for me.

Now with iMessage, if I want to send a message to someone it seems like one needs to know the email (contact having an email associated with it) so it might be good to somehow sync the contacts I have in gmail to my iPhone.

Now I've seen that there is ways to sync the contact from gmail to the iPhone, but I wanted to know if it's possible to create a group in my address book that only holds all the contacts that I have in gmail. This way I can go to that group if I want to see emails, and go to the group I have right now that holds the phones of the people I know.

Does anybody have any suggestion on how to do this? Cheers!

2. TheNinjaJedi macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

You can create a group in the address book app in lion and sync it that way.

3. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

But it doesn't seem possible to select in the iPhone to sync gmail contacts directly to a group correct?

4. kingdLo macrumors 6502

I know up on icloud.com you can create a contact group...Not sure where it pulls the contacts from though