Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yabot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
I updated to Mavericks, let it do its thing.

Now i keep getting 'A keychain cannot be found to store "registrationV1".

Among many others, its really bricked up my laptop and i can't get rid of the messages. When i change it to the password i want 'hi', i will type in 'hi' and the window will just shake rejected it,

PLease help!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Can you edit the keychain and remove the reference? keychain is found in Applications>Utilities.

Btw, the update didn't brick your MBP, its still usable, bricking is a failed flashing that cannot be restored.

Finally Mavericks installed fine on my rMBP, so there's nothing inherently wrong with the install

yabot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
Can you edit the keychain and remove the reference? keychain is found in Applications>Utilities.

Btw, the update didn't brick your MBP, its still usable, bricking is a failed flashing that cannot be restored.

Finally Mavericks installed fine on my rMBP, so there's nothing inherently wrong with the install

i did that already, do i need to restart after that?

i changed my password for it, but it keeps denying it (shaking the window), and now it keeps denying my icloud password aswell :(

macchelsea

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Same here. Seems like I need to reinstall the whole system from scratch. But what I fear is that even so the problem will persist as I restore my Time Machine backup.

distantcalm

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2013
How to fix OSX Maverick keychain issue.

I had the same problem as well. There is an easy solution though.

Hold down the option key and click on "GO" on the top menu. This will show the hidden library folder. Then inside the Library find a folder labeled "KEYCHAIN," take this folder out and drag to the desktop. Then restart your computer. Everything should work fine. You should keep that Keychain folder just in case you need a password in it. Tech support said it could still be useful in the future but if after a few weeks you could trash it if no issues came up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.