Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinceltari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Hi :)

I just got a new macbook pro and accidentally hit the "no" button when asked if i want to set my Maxtor one touch III as the backup storage... I tried installing "One Touch Manager" but I got a message "can't open the application Maxtor One Touch Manager because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" ….. any ideas as to how I can set the Maxtor hard drive as backup? I would really appreciate a response and hopefully a working answer…. I can't afford to buy a new external hard drive :(
Thank you in advance!

Brin

Nov 28, 2010
located
Go to System Preferences > Time Machine and select the HDD you want to use for backing up via Time Machine, but know, that the HDD needs to be formatted correctly with Mac OS Extended as file system (format).

brinceltari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Go to System Preferences > Time Machine and select the HDD you want to use for backing up via Time Machine, but know, that the HDD needs to be formatted correctly with Mac OS Extended as file system (format).

Hi simsaladimbamba :) Thank you for the response....won't this erase what is already on the drive?? I can't lose the files already saved on it? ...... If I have to erase the files of the disk to be formatted, will I have a problem using the hard drive on a windows platform computer?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.