Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gr8fl4295

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2006
After unlocking my 1.0.2 iPhone with anySim back in September, I tried to virginize it tonight. Couldnt figure it out, and then decided to upgrade to 1.1.1.
Seem like it was going ok until I got a message in iTunes saying:

"There is a problem with you iPhone.
We're sorry, the iPhone you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple Store for more information.
To find your nearest Apple Store, click here."

what in the hell does this mean?
I tried to restore it, it just does the same thing.

What do you guys suggest?
If iTunes can't restore the system software then is it F*ed?

Stevenha

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Oklahoma city
Man, mines been like since last month, its been really stressing for me to watch my iphone nothing better, but a paperweight . Any can help us both with this will be dearly rewarded.

After unlocking my 1.0.2 iPhone with anySim back in September, I tried to virginize it tonight. Couldnt figure it out, and then decided to upgrade to 1.1.1.
Seem like it was going ok until I got a message in iTunes saying:

"There is a problem with you iPhone.
We're sorry, the iPhone you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple Store for more information.
To find your nearest Apple Store, click here."

what in the hell does this mean?
I tried to restore it, it just does the same thing.

What do you guys suggest?
If iTunes can't restore the system software then is it F*ed?

Stevenha

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Oklahoma city
Also check your IMEI number its changed! Apple store won't let me return even though I had problems with it before ,when it wasn't been attempted to be unlocked.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
You ignored the warnings and upgraded. You now have an iBrick but there are options. I suggest you search about. There are way to re-unlock, then revert and such.

Next time, read the read me and check out the sites. This has happened to many who have not read the warning on the installer or honestly not know this would happen. Not EVERYONE keeps up with the latest new so cant blame ya.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.