Help! MBP 2010 drivers!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Popis1991, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Popis1991 macrumors member

Hey guys!

Just installed windows 7 on my MBP mid 2010. I have installed all the drivers available through bootcamp but i read that people that have the imac have to install additional drivers for the graphic cards to play games like battlefield 3 and more. Do i have to do the same for my macbook pro? are there any additional drivers i need to install?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Traditionally Apple is not keen on providing all you need to run Windows well. They've simply caved into the pressure brought about by the public. I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1 on my 15" mid 2010 MBP just fine after I went out on my own to get the drivers Apple left out of the group they supply. As far as gaming, these things already run warm, to hot, so I feel a lot safer gaming on my ThinkPad of equal configuration.

An SSD equipped i7 with 8GB just like my MBP, it runs quiet, cool & fast for hours running flash no problem. In fact in the PC community the topic of flash never comes up. It's a weakness unique to Mac, and therefore Jobs went out of his way to point the finger at Adobe. It was amazing what that man could get away with.