Help (MBP battery trouble)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by malfaris, Aug 9, 2009.

1. malfaris macrumors newbie

hi,
    let me tell the story from the beginning, I have 2 batteries one is working and the other one is dead, i use the dead one when i want to connect the power for let say a whole day, so my working one wont get exhausted. so what happen after leaving the dead one for almost one day, i came to my MBP and took off the power wire forgetting that its the dead one, so as you expect the MBP shutdown. now i changed the battery to the working one and turning it on, everything went fine however it got stuck at the start apple sign with the thing spinning. so i tried to restart more than one with no use. so i did the following to solve the problem all didnt help:
    1- I rest the memory of some sort. I pressed (option+command+p+r) while starting MBP
    2- Resetting SMC
    3- Testing the hardware, Pressing D while starting the MBP , the apple hardware test show up, did the test which checked the memory and logic board and hard drive with no problem at all.
    4- I pressed the option key to choice different start up disk, it let me choice it, but when starting it stuck the same place .( tried from external HD with Leopard)
    5- tried to press C while starting to boot from leopard dvd, didnt work.
    6- tried starting with shift key for safe mode didnt work at all.

now my last option which isnt appealing is to take it to apple store, which where i live they dont have genius bar, they just send it to specialized place some where which will take some time.
    my MBP is 2.8 late 2008 i think.
    I have notice many here are well experienced and could solve my problem thanks.

2. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

For future reference, you never have to switch your battery out. You can't overcharge it; when it is fully charged, it'll stop charging until the battery dips below 95%

3. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

This.

I see that many people really over think the whole battery thing on these forums. Just use the battery and don't worry about it, even if you treat the battery like **** it will last quite a long time. I'm pretty sure that Apple thought about it when designing these laptops.

4. malfaris thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info I really thought it does ruin the battery over time, but cant you help with my issue.

5. malfaris thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont know who change the title,its not trouble with the battery its not booting that the problem.

6. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502