Help, MBP Classic upper lower case cable..! Orange juice and pain!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ciaronm, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ciaronm macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have been having major laptop calamities. Firstly my friend managed to flood my laptop with orange juice whilst on the way home from a uni trip in Switzerland (i managed to stop too much damage by taking it apart the next day and cleaning thoroughly. At least it boots now, although the backlight on the screen seems to flicker/not turn on. I suspect perhaps the inverter or Left hand I/O to be the problem! Suggestions for this problem welcomed?

Secondly i seem to have snapped the small small black connector on the cable connecting the upper case/keyboard/trackpad etc to the logic board. I would like to know if it is possible to buy this cable to replace this tiny but very important part!?

Many thanks in advance,
    Ciaron

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Make him pay for it.

3. ciaronm thread starter macrumors newbie

Its all a bit more complicated than that. I dont really have time to play the blame game, basically im in the middle of a major project and i need it working as soon as possible!

4. assassinm4 macrumors member

for now i guess you can plug in an external display if you need to work on it.
    if u send in your laptop to applecare they would probably notice you broke the connector, and at worst they might void your warranty. i think that ribbon must come with the keyboard, and the only way you can get it is to buy a replacement on ebay.