Help! MBP having issues...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DMataic, Nov 8, 2007.

1. DMataic macrumors newbie

So i went to awake my MBP this morning, and what happened is that it just well...shut down. So i thought no biggy i will just restart...when i restarted the fans turned on immediately (which i then thought...hmm must just be hot) so when i got to my desktop i check iStat and there is only a temp reading for my Harddrive...nothing else...on top of that...it says my battery health is -21474. Now i thought it may just be a problem with my istat...but when i went to check my battery in the normal battery tool bar spot...it says No batteries available. Now i know there is a battery...because i am using my MBP without it being plugged in.

**Edit when i check the preferences for my power settings it informs me that i am connected to a power adapter when i clearly am not.**

**Edit 2 - I plugged my power adapter in to see what would happen...and the MBP does not register that it is plugged in. The green little light does not light up as well**

the MBP is the new intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 ghz. It has 2gb of ram and a Fujitsu Harddrive...**Edit i am also running OS 10.4.10**

Has anyone else ever had this problem. I know if my questions cannot be answered here i will go to my local applestore...or call apple. I just thought maybe, just maybe i wasn't the only one with this problem.

**Edit...I just updated my MBP through the software update, and so far nothing has changed**. It is just very weird and just started doing it today. I have had the MBP since July and no other problems arose, and i had an iBook before this, so i am fairly familiar with OSX

**Edit 2 - I am going to take it to the apple retail store and see what they think. I will update you guys, if you care to know**

Thanks Guys,
    Dane

2. DMataic thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem has been fixed. Just had to reset the logic board.

This thread can be deleted or locked

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

just add *fixed* to the original subjst line by clicking advance edit, or you can report your post and they might delete it for you