help.... mbp + hp c4780 wireless setup + linksys wrt54g

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ihonda, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

just got the printer free with macbook but i cant seem to set it up wirelessly bc my router doesnt have WPS button, can anyone help me out? ive tried everything, the printer software on the mac wont pickup my wireless network but im deff connected to one

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I had the same issue with my C4780. I didn't hit any button. I just used the HP setup utility , and chose WiFi. It was trying to transfer wireless settings, and the printer magicaly disconnected. The HP support had me reset the printer, to no aval. After the reset, it wouldn't move past the HP screen. The decided to credit me $139.00 even though I got the C4780 with a Mac for $30. I bought a different HP All in one. It should come Saturday. The rep said the C4780 is known for WiFi issues, and the WiFi bricking the printer. Needless to say I can keep the defective C4780 and my new printer. So I took the C4780 apart, and removed the WiFi card. It now works. just no wireless. :(

3. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

got it working, there was a link to a new setup package on the hp forums. flawless now :)