Help MBP makes a slight noise when opening

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPad Retina, Jan 7, 2013.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

:apple:My Macbook pro sometimes makes a slight noise when opening but its past the 1 year warranty.but when I first got it, it made the noise

Has this ever happen to you?

please write back

2. kage207 macrumors 6502a

So you are asking for help after you knew this problem existed yet didn't do anything about it? Secondly, why don't people get AppleCare for their OS X products? Totally worth it unless you get a Mini.

3. De5 macrumors member

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

OP, you're going to need to provide more details if you want help with your issue.

I don't buy AppleCare because I don't think it's worth it. But that isn't what the thread is about.

5. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

6. brig2221 macrumors 6502

Ok, I'll bite. Why isn't it worth it for a mini? Relative low price of the computer versus price of Applecare?

7. kage207 macrumors 6502a

Exactly. With the cycle on the mini, you will likely see that you are more likely to get a much more powerful machine if it does fail a year or two later (not saying it won't or will, I might be tempted on the server but even then :/ meh, I rather risk it).

EDIT: If it is a light creak, then outside AppleCare you are gonna have to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. It's not Apple's responsibility to get you to bring it in if you have a problem.