Help! MBP turns off when unpluged from power

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Better2bRed, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Better2bRed macrumors newbie

Even when the battery on my MBP is fully charged, when the power cable is removed, it shuts down within 2-3 seconds. The battery continues to be charged. Everything has been okay and I had no battery problems, then this happened all of a sudden. Has there been any other reports of this? Does anyone have any ideas – or do I just have to call Apple?

2. mpw Guest

Are you sure the battery is charged, or is it just charging?

My MacBook needed a new battery after just a couple of months, under warranty of course. Must be fairly common as the reseller just swapped the battery with a new one without a serial number or any proof of purchase etc.

3. Collin973 macrumors 6502

Yup. Just call apple. A lot of people have had this problem including me. You're battery is toast and you'll need to get a replacement from the apple store or go to a reseller. good luck.

4. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

Definately call Apple for a replacement battery. You might have a recalled battery from the mass laptop battery recall list. Don't feel bad about calling them. I'm on my fourth battery now with my MBP and I've only had it a year. I had 3 do the same thing your mentioning and the other was on the recall list.

EDITED:
    Here's the link for the MBP battery recall and the serial numbers that are affected...

https://support.apple.com/macbookpro15/batteryexchange/

5. dacko macrumors newbie

I had the exact same issue with my Macbook. I called Apple Care and they send me a new battery and it works fine now.

6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Yup, same problem here, new battery fixes it.

I really hope I don't have to get a battery replacement every 5-6 months with this thing.