HELP!!! MBP won't respond to keyboard or mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LoneWolf121188, Jul 9, 2008.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

So basically, my MBP decided to not respond to any inputs except the power button. This includes during boot, so I can't boot from an OS X disk, go into Boot Camp, etc, etc. I've tried resetting the PMU (which also resets the PRAM, right? I can't reset the PRAM because it won't recognize any keystrokes during startup). It was working fine last night. I put it to sleep, then when I opened it this morning, it stopped working. Help?

2. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

possible to plug in a USB keyboard/mouse to see if the inputs from those are received?

Mind you, even if that does anything at all, it still sounds like a job for AppleCare.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Maybe the keyboard mouse cable got disconnected/broke, try an external keyboard.

^^cptpower is probably right, take it to apple.

4. nyzballa12 macrumors member

Take it to Apple Care if you can't even do anything to it.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

6. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, external mice and keyboards work just fine, so its definitely a hardware issue. I opened it up and checked the cable leading from the top portion (keyboard, mouse, etc) to the motherboard and it was in just fine (there's only one cable connecting the top portion to the motherboard, right?). I also checked the connections where the cable from the keyboard and mouse connect to that one main cable and those all looked fine. *sigh* ...I hate going for a week or more without my MBP...