HELP! MBP won't turn on after sleep!:-(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sk3pt1c, Dec 2, 2010.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

Hello, i'm typing this with a look of scared-********ness on my face...
    Ok, so i had my MBP (i think it's the 4,1 model, 2.6 core2duo with 4gb ram BTO) connected to my tv and a couple of external hard drives, set it to sleep last night with the lid open, hit the spacebar this morning to wake it and nothing happened :(
    I disconnected frok everything and tried the following to no avail:
    -Holding the power button turns it off but hitting it again brings it back to the same state, sounds like it's working but keys don't respond and monitor's off.
    -I tried resetting PRAM but keys don't respond
    -Took off battery, held power button down for 20 seconds
    -Took out the two RAM chips and swapped them around
    -Tried reconnecting the TV to see if it would re-detect monitors
    -Closed the lid to see if it'll re-sleep and wake up properly but what it does is that the light on the front lights up but doesn't start blinking

At this point i can't think of anything else to do so please help me out!
    I'm taking out both battery and RAM chips and leaving it on the bed in hopes it will lose all charge and memory of this ****-up.
    Btw, there's no warranty and no applecare on it, if push comes to shove i will take it to an applestore but one: i can't really afford that right now and two: i don't really trust them here in greece

So please please HELP!!!! :(

Ps: excuse any typos, i'm doing this on my iphone

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

The 2.2/2.4/2.6GHz models had a graphics issue, and there's a repair extension program going on covering logic board replacements.

3. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

Yeah, i took it in and they said they might fix it for free...
    Waiting for a call today :confused:

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your graphics card most likely failed. The MBP's with the 8600gt graphics card from nvidia are covered for 4 years from purchase as there is a known defect on that chip.

5. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

So in few words as possible, i've got a ****** mac :)
    Anywho, they said they'd tell me tomorrow... here's hoping they actually do...
    I will keep you guys updated so you know what the service is like here in greece :)
    I took it in on thursday, they were supposed to tell me today what's wrong with it and how much (if at all) the repair will cost.