help me before i kill myself

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caldavey, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

apparently my parents lost the receit for my macbook so now if i cant return it to best buy then im FU#@%&. please tell me how to fix this thing before i shoot myself. i have everything unscrewed and i tok out the HD and the ram and now please help me NOW. fix this stupid kernel panic thing and make it turn on cause the restart disk is stuck and wont work.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I assume Best Buy (BB) allows for receipt lookup (through payment method except cash) like any decent retailer does?

3. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

ok now can you please help me fix this damn freexe kernel panic thing where it doesnt starup it jsut goes tot he apple logo and the circly circle for the rest of my life?

4. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

The warranty shouldn't be voided if you open the user-serviceable parts (HD, RAM), so as long as you put the original parts back, then you should be able to take it back.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

What was the last thing that you were doing before the kernel panic? Did you install some new RAM or a Hard Drive?

When I realized he was talking about a MacBook I deleted it.

6. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

ok, thank you for the help in that part of the field, but i need to know how to fix it.

7. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

was it broken before you took all the screws out and pulled the hard drive? I don't really understand why you did that.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The HD on a MacBook is user replaceable. He may have just wanted to reseat it to make sure there wasn't a bad connection.

9. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

go to the thread called Omg MacBook and you will see. it turns on and the apple logo appears and nothng happens so you guys told me to redo the memory so i did about 15 times and then nothing still happens.

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

And so you decided that starting a new thread was the answer!?

Please use thread OMG MacBook

11. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

AHHHHHHHHHHH i found out about the reciet after i ended that last thread look please help me just tell me how to fix this thing!!!PLEASE!!!!ill do anyhtign!

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Dude, they gave you all the help they could in your original thread. What more can we do!?

13. Evader macrumors newbie

You've done what you can by the looks of that thread. Either take it to an apple store for repair or get your parents to figure out, without a receipt, how to prove to best buy that you just bought the laptop so you can return it.

14. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

First of all, just for tonight, walk away from your MacBook. Watch a movie, drink a beer, go to bed. You're panicking now, and you'll never fix anything in that mood.

What you're seeing is not a kernel panic.

No one here can fix this for you. Your only option is to take it back to Best Buy or an Apple store, preferably to an Apple store.

15. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Drink a beer? The OP sounds like they're 12. I hope you're not really suggesting they drink!

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Obviously the gist is that he get away from the problem and relax.

17. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

i bought a sony laptop from best buy a few years ago when i lived in ohio, i since then moved to southern california and had to take my computer in for warrrenty work but i also misplaced my receipt but they ran it through the computer and printed up my receipt for me. i also used my credit card to pay so it was on record.

there should also be a little hole on the cd drive where you take a pin and poke it in there to manually eject the cd if it's stuck in there.

18. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

There's not.

To force-eject a disk, startup the computer while holding the mouse/trackpad button, until you see the spinning wheel - then release. It should pop right out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.