Help me choose a case for my 6S+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Allin44, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Allin44, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

Allin44 macrumors 6502

Looking for some help trying to choose a case to order for my 6S+

I'm currently trying to decide between the Speck Candyshell Grip, Thule Atmos X3, Griffin Survivor Core, and Magpul Field Case, but I'm open to other suggestions that meet the criteria I have in mind. I'm looking for a case that offers average to good drop protection, a case that has great grip in the hand, one that isn't too bulky in the hand, and one that has a lay on the table design.

Has anyone used any of these cases and wants to chime in? I'm torn. Any help would be appreciated.

2. ill1cit macrumors member

ill1cit

I just recently got a Magpul field case for my 6+, and it is the best case I've ever had. It feels great holding it, and it looks awesome too. It doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone either. I have several other cases I got for the 6S+, but this is probably the only case I'll use for it. Also it's currently $10.88 on Amazon with free prime shipping.
    I also have a Magpul case for my iPad Air and it's awesome too.

3. Allin44 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great to hear, glad you like it so much. I've been looking at the Magpul cases for a while now, so I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up. I hope they'll fit the 6S+.

4. Jmona macrumors 6502a

Jmona

5. meiusermanme Suspended

6. Sajal macrumors regular

Do the 6+ urban gear case fit the 6s+ perfectly.. I am from india , and amazon india has it labelled for 6+

7. Allin44 thread starter macrumors 6502

I ended up going with the Magpul and could not be happier.

8. Sajal macrumors regular

Got the UAG transparent one for my iphone 6s plus and honestly it feels so good to hold my phone now. I had previously used a rock royce case on my iphone 6 plus which I abandoned because of its cheap feeling, I had mistakenly hoped UAG case might be the same.

Also I was using a spigen slim transparent case, I liked it because it never got discolored and it showed my iphone in full glory, but it was just a tad bit more protection than going naked. But this UAG case is totally different one, it keeps the slimness and adds the feeling that my phone is well protected.

I just hope the transparent portion doesn't get discolored..

Also, I tend not to use any screen protectors. I rather keep my phone in a dedicated pocket, only scratch I had on my iphone 6 plus was due to a fall. Now that the UAG should cover the fall.. do I need the protector to be put on which came with the case. I really don't want to put it on. With the slight extra protruding lip of the case the iphone looks to be quite well covered.

9. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I've used the UAG and, over time, the cheap quality starts to show. I initially got one because of the cool, sexy, tough, industrial look. The first one had issues with the power button sticking. I didn't learn it was the case for a few weeks and, by then, my iPhone power button was already damaged. Luckily I had AppleCare and got the phone replaced. I sent the case back to UAG for a replacement since I liked it so much.

The second UAG case worked fine for a while. After a few months the case started to split apart at stress areas where dissimilar materials met. Clearly no thought went into longevity when this was designed.

The UAG looks great but that's about it. If you want something similar that's better built I'd go with the new Spigen Tough Armor Tech.

[​IMG]

I'm running this one right now and it's great. My only complaint is the power button feels a bit mushy for my taste but otherwise it's great.

Magpul is another great item which is seriously built to last and has great design to preserve the button tactility. If the Spigen fails I might go back to Magpul.

10. Sajal macrumors regular

Now thats what makes me afraid a lot, how do I make sure mine doesn't have similar problem? Liking this case a lot, want to give it a try unless it damages the device :(