Help me choose a mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benjifull2, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Benjifull2 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    i really dont know what to choose between the 2 new MBP, i am going for non retina display because i simply cant afford that at the moment..
    So i am looking to make some apps for iphone or ipad and also need to make a few websites up and a lil bit of amateur video editing.. So do i go for MBP 15 with the 2.6ghz and 8gb ram and 1gb graphics card or do i save a lil money and go for the MBP 2.3ghz and upgrade ram to 8gb and take the 512mb graphics card...
    I am a lil bit of a noob when it comes to specs i usually just get the highest one just make sure everything runs smoothly but are the ghz really important!? And is the difference in the graphics card gonna affect me in the long run!? Its not like i am gonna be using the macbook for games but then again if the powers there might aswell use it! So pleassse help me out guys! Thanx!

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

From what you want to do, it sounds like the 2.3Ghz model with 8GB RAM should be plenty fast.

The biggest noticeable difference you would probably see would be from an SSD. Maybe with the money you save by going with the base model you could upgrade to an SSD at some point:

http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-7PC256B-WW/dp/B0077CR66A/

You also might be able to save a bit of money by doing the 8GB RAM upgrade yourself.