Help me choose a new FPS

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Foop, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Foop macrumors member

Here's my dilemma, with UT3, CoD4, and Quake Wars all coming as native Mac apps in short order I need to choose which one is most worth playing. I'm leaning to CoD4, but I'm not convinced - especially because the single player campaign is supposedly short.

What other opinions are out there?

2. muymal macrumors member

well the other 2 games don't really have a single player at all. so since they all have a nice multiplayer, i would get cod4 just because it even has a single player

3. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

I've played the ut3 demo under windows a fair bit, and it's pretty much more of the same, a few gameplay tweaks and an funky new engine. Still great fun though :D

I've got COD4 on XBOX, played it every day for about 3 months and got a bit bored, good game though.

Quake wars, umm, imo it doesn't play well at all, i played the demo for an evening, enough time to give the demo a good go, but i wasn't exactly wowed by it, not to mention i've seen the pc version in the bargain bin at more than one store :rolleyes:

If you can bootcamp your mac i'd really recommend the orange box, specifically TF2, theres enough content there to keep you going for a long time :D

4. muymal macrumors member

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Quake wars allows you to play against and with bots. It takes a little to get started but after playing a lil more its pretty darn good in my view you can fly, drive,walk or run and has a nice mix of vehicles. I think ETQW,UT3 and COD4 make for a good selections of 1st person shooters for the Mac.:)

6. sil3nc3 macrumors regular

+1 to Infinity! just came off of a thrilling online game =]