iPad Help me choose an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Heavenkittykat, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Heavenkittykat macrumors regular

Me and my husband are both medical students. I'm an incoming third year and he is an incoming second year. We decided to buy an iPad. we know we don't like the mini for sure. We prefer a larger screen and a retina display. We are trying to decide whether to get an iPad 3rd gen or iPad 4th gen. The difference in price is about $100 dollars. Do you guys think the extra $100 is worth the upgrade. Is it really that much faster?

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

What do you use it for? The iPad 4 is about 1000 points higher in a GeekBench score, so it is a more capable machine. If you want to be able to connect to 5 GHz WiFi, the 4 is the only option. It also has a better processor with a quad core GPU, better camera, and Lightening.

http://ipad.about.com/od/Tablet_Computers_eReaders/a/iPad-3-vs-iPad-4.htm

If those improvement are worth $100 is up to you.

3. RylanH16 macrumors member

RylanH16

4th gen definitely

I'm really satisfied with my 4th gen. The display is amazing, the processor is awesomely fast, and the lightning connector is so much better than the old 30-pin that the 3rd gen has. If you transfer a lot of files between your iPad and your computer the lightning connector is way better. I can add an entire music album, which is around 100 to 150 megabytes, in about 2 seconds. So yes the new one is worth the money in my opinion.

4. Heavenkittykat thread starter macrumors regular

thank you. We decided to get the iPad 4th generation. We are impatient type of people. We want things as fast as possible. The speed itself is worth the extra $100. We are going to be using it wifi only.