iPhone XS Max Help me choose between 8+ or XS max

SteelHeart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Dear all , please help me choose between 8+ And XS max . Please tell me which of these models best fits my Parameters
1. Screen width - I really lik the width of the screen in the plus models , does the width of XS max is > or < or = to the plus models ?

2. Battery - does XS max long last compared to 8 plus or less or equal to 8 plus ?

3. Performance - do we see significant difference in performance ?

P. S : price is not a concern so please ignore that part.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2018
Dear all , please help me choose between 8+ And XS max . Please tell me which of these models best fits my Parameters
1. Screen width - I really lik the width of the screen in the plus models , does the width of XS max is > or < or = to the plus models ?

2. Battery - does XS max long last compared to 8 plus or less or equal to 8 plus ?

1. It’s the same
2.XS max lasts longer and this is official information on Apple’s website
3.For normal tasks no

Get the XS max, you’ll impress your friends.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

SteelHeart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Thanks , I was little confused when I saw the battery specifications on apple.com . XS was compared to x and x was compared to 8 and not the 8 plus . So its like a recursive comparisons . Btw are the real user able to confirm that XS max lasts longer to 8+ for same type of usage ?

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
I used to have 8 plus before getting the Xs Max and I think 8 plus lasted longer.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

I always say battery life is subjective, it depends on your usage/settings. But I think it would be very close between the Max and 8+. Performance wise, you likely won’t notice any real significant difference between the A11 and A12 processor, being there is no real performance gap between neighboring processors. However, the Max does have the increased 4GB of Ram over the 8 Plus 3 GB of Ram.

Last edited: