Help me choose between these earphones.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mfaye21, Dec 29, 2010.

1. mfaye21 macrumors regular

Hi!
    I have been on the search for some nice in-ear earphones to replace the original apple earbuds. My price range is about $50. The three earphones I am considering are The Sennheiser CX300-B, The Klipsch Image S2, and The Sony MDR-EX300/. Keep in mid if you guys have any suggestions feel free to, well, suggest them. What do I listen to? I listen to a lot of rock and a lot of acoustic, Jack Johnson, type music. Also, I will occasionally listen to my guilty pleasure (broadway) and a little bit of hip hop and rap.
    Thank You!

2. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

3. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

4. todd03blown macrumors member

I went with the Etymotic HF3's. I got them from the local apple store and WOW they sound amazing!! These are certainly out of your price range but wanted to reply anyway letting you know they sound amazing!! Off to the gym now to test them out.

Based on the ones you have below I would either go with the Senn or Klipsch based on how their sound quality is. Good luck in your choice as there are so many out there!

5. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

out of those 3 listed up top, id go with the Klipsch...ive heard all 3 at some point in the past few years.

The sony would be a close 2nd and the sennhesier last....the CX300 were alittle to boomy for my tastes. I ended up moving up the line a couple of years ago and bought some Shure (SE530).

6. buffgrk macrumors member

I own the klipsch and I can say they are awesome quality

7. mfaye21 thread starter macrumors regular

Which would you say is the best for what I listen to.

How is the sound?

8. buffgrk macrumors member

Sound is great, clear doesnt distort, good crisp bass and not over done, i listen to rnb mainly.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

fyi bumping your thread isn't allowed. also it isn't like there isn't a million threads about headphones both here and all over. you can find really detailed reviews here. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/

10. neonkru macrumors regular

11. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Seinheiser's are nice but I recommend Etymotic.

12. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

etys on a $50 budget, eh?

based on your sample list of music and budget, i highly recommend the Klipsch over the Sennheisers in your case. the Maximos are just plain junk and all of Sony's budget priced canalbuds are an awful blend of boomy and muddy.

if you prefer a cleaner, more clinical sound that responds well to the preset EQ settings and can stretch your budget a bit, Apple's own In-Ear headphones are pretty good, featuring a very clean sound from their dual driver design and only $79. most people dont like them because they dont feature as much bass compared to just about everything else, but i like them because of the seemingly unbiased sound they produce.

13. pablo7 macrumors 6502

14. solius macrumors regular

I have the the klipsch S4's and they are great have really good sound for all genre's of music. I can't say much about the other headphones on your list though. Based on my experience I would get the Klipsch.

15. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL