Help Me Choose Games For My New PS3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by CCBPES34, Nov 29, 2011.

?

Which ones do you recommend?

1. Battlefield 3

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Skyrim

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Just Cause 2

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Other (specify)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. CCBPES34, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

CCBPES34 macrumors newbie

I want your opinions on some games I am looking to purchase. Just vote, and if you have any other feedback, leave it here.

• Battlefield 3- I think that this is one that I will get for sure, I am a huge fan of FPS. I feel that it might have been overhyped, though. What are your thoughts?
    • Skyrim- Another I will most likely get, it has a had a few problems, but they seem to have been fixed via patch. Any reason I shouldn't get it (besides the fact, that all my other games will be neglected:))
    • Deus Ex- This looks really fun, a stealthy FPS. I want your thoughts, as I really have no idea what the gameplay is like.
    • Just Cause 2- Open-world is another thing I like, but Just Cause 3 is rumored for 2012 release. Should I wait?
    • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: I would get Revelations, but the Tower-Defense ruined it for me, I really just threw this in here for fun, but if it is worth getting over one of the others, I would get this instead.

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

I'd get Battlefield 3 because you say you're a FPS fan. Skyrim is massive and well worth it but you might want to wait a bit for patches. DXHR is dirt cheap in the UK now(<£10) and well worth it (dunno about the US).

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I own Skyrim and Just Cause 2 on PC but they're the absolute best games of 2010 and 2011 for me (tied with Rayman Origins this year).
    Can't go wrong with those games.

4. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I'm gonna pick up Skyrim next month. Seems like it's THE game to get right now, no matter what platform.

Also wanted to add, another fun open world game that just came out is Saints Row the Third. It's pretty ridiculous, in a good way

5. CCBPES34 thread starter macrumors newbie

After looking through Bethesda's Skyrim PS3 forum, I have discovered that the patch, only delays the lag that has plagued the PS3 version since release. I also discovered that the previous Bethesda games for PS3 (Fallout 3 and New Vegas), had the same problems and were never fixed. The best fix for it is an SSD with garbage collection. Is Skyrim worth the extra money for the SSD?

If I could play it on one of my Macs, I would but they all have the 9400m in them, and I do not have a copy of Windows laying around.

6. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Try renting it for one day first and check if actually would bother you after 2-3 hours of gameplay. People on forums exaggerate issues immensely.

7. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

OTHER:
    Not sure what genres you like and if we're only talking new games:

1. Uncharted 3
    2. Batman: Arkham City
    3. The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
    4. Dark Souls

Aside from new games, there's a TONNE of awesome games that aren't new releases that are highly rated and that you can probably find for really good prices right now! Keep those in mind too!

:)