Help me choose my Desktop set up

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by entatlrg, Jun 29, 2009.

?

Which would you choose for your Desktop?

1. MBP + 24" ACD

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Mac Pro + ACD

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. iMac (+ ACD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mini + ACD

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I'm a business owner, my primary office is attached to my house, I have satellite offices at our warehouses and I'm not too fond of working at a desk therefore I'm using notebooks; a 15" MBP and a MacBook Air to manage my work.

I also have a HP Desktop used for downloads, server etc. It's time to replace it.

Computers are used for concept drawing, light photoshop, video editing, surfing, email, writing, movie downloading.

I like the latest and greatest and power. I'm not concerned about the price, I'm giving myself a bonus :)

My options would be another MacBook Pro, could serve as a desktop and should I want to bring it with me I could, or I could consider the mini, iMac, or a MacPro.

Or is the low end MacPro overkill? I do have an ACD to use with whatever I choose.

What would you buy?

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I'd say the Mac Mini is all you need. For things like "light photoshop" and other basic uses, the Mac Pro is DEFINITELY overkill.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Go for a new Macbook Pro. They're pretty nice, despite all the misgivings I had before I bought one.

4. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I just received my new MacBook Pro :)

True, a mini will most likely do all I need it to do, but without a doubt the Mac Pro for example will do it faster at least with regards to any video editing, burning etc.

Since I already have the ACD to use with it I think I've sold myself on ordering the Mac Pro unless I talk myself out of in twenty minutes which I probably will, one side of me says go with the minimal the other likes the latest/greatest/power :D