help me choose one of these 24' monitors...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spacemanps, Feb 15, 2009.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

Dell 2409w

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7345

or

Samsung 2333bw
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4226589&CatId=3774

OKay so i have been trying to decide about these two monitors, i can get the dell as a refurb for about 260, brand new would be 310.

The samsung i have read has a little backlight bleed but some people say it doesnt. both have got midway reviews.

Im not doing anything graphic intensive, its just everyday movie watching and such, once in a while a game here and there.

one thing about the samsung is that it has a resolution of 1920X1200 compared to the dell which is 1920X1080

2. rhyx macrumors 6502

I absolutely love the Dell ultrasharp monitors.

3. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

4. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

5. Trip.Tucker Guest

Buy Apple? Cinema displays, baby!

6. danny_w macrumors 601

I don't know about either of those you mentioned, but if you can find a Gateway FHD2400 for cheap enough it is a great monitor. Yes it is a TN panel like those you mentioned, but it is one of the best TN panels out there. I just bought (and returned) a 20" iMac that didn't look anywhere nearly as good. And the FHD2400 has a whole slew of inputs as well. I paid $550 for mine new, but that was a few years ago when it first came out.

7. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

If the Ultra sharp is out of his price range, I think apple would be to.

Yeah. I would go with the Samsung. I have been looking at the T240HD.

8. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Yes, these Samsung's are very nice! I have the T260 and regret I didn't throw in the couple $$ for the HD version :eek: I have to find something on it to get it "replaced" :rolleyes: or maybe pass it on to someone and get a new one :p

9. Cleve macrumors regular

Dell's best

for $279 at OWC, you can get a better resolution (2048 x 1152 ) Dell WITH a built in web cam.

This thing might give Apple's product a run for its money. I've heard that they are beautiful!

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Dell/SP2309W/

[​IMG]

10. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

i dont really need something with a webcam build in.... but i do like the much larger res

any one else?

and part of me still wants a 24.... this is going on my lcd arm that can max out at 20 lbs... vesa mounted..