I'm a 2nd year Visual Communications student in somewhat immediate need of a computer. I had it in my mind that I would wait for the iMac, get max specs, and keep the computer through school and into the work world. Now, I can't decide if its worth waiting halfway into my semester for the hope of a new iMac in sept-oct that isn't really guaranteed. I'm starting to do a lot of design jobs on the side on top of classes but don't have a capable computer of my own. I live off campus and the design labs are only open till midnight (a serious convenience and work focus issue). Regardless of what or when I get it, I'm putting Adobe CS6 Master Edition on it asap. Should I wait it out for the iMac which some believe will have the possibility of redesign/new features. Or, should I just go with a new 15" max spec MBP-no retina. Realistically I'm more interested in power and sustainability over portability and convenience. Its really difficult for me as a student to justify investing in a 2011 model iMac at this point for obvious reasons. Any designers or professionals in a similar position have a suggestion? Its not like anyone can tell us with absolute certainty if the new iMac will be worth it. But, maybe some speculation on the iMac after hearing Cook's conference call and announcement of "Fall Transition" could ease the mind.