Help Me Choose!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coryetzkorn, Sep 22, 2007.

1. coryetzkorn macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

So here's the story...

I got a refurb 8Gb iPhone for 499, but then returned it when there were rumors of a price drop. Good decision.

Then, the iPod touch came out and it had 16Gb and no AT&T, so I bought one. I Love it, but I am starting to feel it is too crippled. I also have the screen issue (week 37).

So.... I'm thinking about buying a new 8Gb iPhone for 399 and returning my iPod (It's within 14 days). My work will pay $20 of the iPhone plan/month.

I have about 4.5Gb of music (that I actually listen to), but I like to put a bunch of video on my devices as well. Coming from a 30Gb iPod, the transition to 16Gb was actually very easy, even though my 30Gb was maxed out. I also can't wait to get rid of my Verizon RAZR, both of which I hate with a passion.

What would you do? And, also, do you think I can get Apple to waive the restocking fee if I complain about the screen (remember... it will be a return)?

Maybe I'm too Undecisive, but for $400, I want the best I can get. Thanks!
    :apple:

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

easy decision for me..phone all the way. the ipod touch just isn't close imo.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

apparently you have used both the devices and clearly you found the iphone more appealing since you could not adjust and be satisfied with the touch I would advice you to go for the 8 gb iPhone. I am not too sure if apple will waiver your restocking fee but its definately worth a try and as far as your disk space issue is concerned I had the same problem I shifted from a 30 gb iPod to my iPhone at first I had some problems in cutting down data but now I can manage it within 8gb all I have to do is manage my movie selection.
    Go for the 8gb iphone I am sure you won't regret it:)

4. coryetzkorn thread starter macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

Thanks!

You have confirmed my worst fear... that deep down inside I have been wanting an iPhone. I don't know why I deny it... maybe I'm too much of an apple-holic and I want it all. I think I've made up my mind, but I'll give myself a day to think about it.

To tell you the truth... I can't wait to open that new box and smell that new iPhone smell. Best thing EVER! :D

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I had an iPod touch for about four days. Loved it - but it feels really flimsy and fragile to me - I think its how thin it is. I exchanged it for an iPhone that I now have on a pre-paid plan and couldn't be happier. The added functionality, solid build (this includes the non-scratchy backing unlike the iPods), accessories, and battery life is truly worth the extra bucks. :cool:

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Phone 100% i love my iphone and everything about it. The only thing i like better about the touch is the thininnity of it, which is just brilliant, but besides that, the phone is much less crippling, and a better deal, as long as 8 GB is enough for you, thats what i would do.

7. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Got an iPod Touch today... 16GB is about the right size.
    BUT I don't like the crippled features.

Anyone think a new iPhone will be out before Christmas? If so I will wait.
    I would hate to get a 8Gb phone and then a 16Gb version comes out in a month (that does 3G no less!)

8. coryetzkorn thread starter macrumors regular

coryetzkorn

Right now, I have 6Gb of music, So I should be able to get at least 3 movies on the iPhone, which is plenty for me. I'm all about touching the music and the mobile web, not so much video.

What is the actual formatted capacity of the iPhone? I know my touch has about 1.2Gb reserved for the OS alone!

9. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

I went the 8 gig iphone route when deciding between the two. The iphone just has so much more than the touch. The speakers alone are worth it. People say they're crappy, but they're really not ;) 8 gigs just forces you to be more clean when selecting your music. I have a 60 5th gen ipod and honestly have songs I'll never listen to. Also, the touch is currently crippled and who knows how long it will take to crack. (probably not too long now) The iphone is cracked now and you can get all you want NOW! yes yes. I can go on.. Just do the phone. -20 a month from your work is an awesome deal. DO IT!!! You won't regret it