Help me clean my keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmj2014, Nov 5, 2010.

1. jmj2014 macrumors newbie

A couple days ago I accidentally spilled lemonade all over my room. I didn't think I had gotten any on my keyboard, but apparently I did, as some of my keys are now sticky and really hard to press. Is there any way that I can 'unstick' these myself, or do I have to take it to my nearest tech store? (fyi my keys are most sticky under the keyboard and not on top of them). The computer is a 2010 MacBook Pro.

Also, is there a way to clean the surface of your keys? I'm not too thrilled about the way they look right now and I would like to try and get them back to what they looked like when I bought it.

2. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

oh joy...already might have voided the warranty? Its not fun to take the keyboard out.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If it is under the keys, you are pretty much screwed. There is no real way to clean under there.

4. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

ROLLTIDE!!!!! and agreed.

5. yemalicious macrumors newbie

I Have a Solution!

a few months ago i spilled Cranberry Juice ALLLLLOOOVVEERRR my macbook pro. after many tears and "why????"s.... my computer was good as new. EXCEPT for the keys. so i discovered a solution, kinda by accident.

turn your shower on ( yes, your shower...) close the door and while enjoying a hot shower, put your macbook in the bathroom with it. the humidity will get under the keys and reduce the stickyness, without damaging the computer.

Worked for me! Good luck and tell me how it goes

6. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Lol it could damage your computer... That is actually a bad thing to do... Also will probably void your warranty. Of course yours probably already was.