Help me convince my fiance......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fonz500, Dec 10, 2007.

1. fonz500 macrumors member

to switch to AT&T and let me get an Iphone......

I am getting Apple Gift cards so the Iphone will be paid for. Here is our situation right now: We will have to pay $200 to get out of her Sprint contract but I have talked to ATT employees and they will let us not pay activation and give us $100 towards her phone (probably a Blackjack 2).

Also, we pay like $125/month for our Sprint bill now(700 minute family plan + internet etc).

How much is the 700 minute ATT family plan with 1 Iphone and 1 regular phone ???????

Any other pointers I can throw at her ?????? Her argument is that she can't justify us spending $200 to get out of the Sprint contract even though we have had HORRIBLE customer service with Sprint.

2. werkedm3 macrumors member

I thought you couldn't use gift cards on the iphone. Has to be a credit/debit card.

3. robjrussell macrumors member

true statement

4. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

The OP could sell the gift cards for cash. Might lose a couple bucks but he could still purchase the phone. Thats not his problem. Its the fiance'. Just keep bugging her and eventually she will get annoyed and give in. Thats what I did:D

5. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Well the basic family play with 700 mins with iPhone is $110 per month. This of course would go up if you needed more than 200 text messages and if your fiance got a phone with an internet package. I am guessing your plan would end up being probably $15 more than it currently is. This plan does add unlimited N&W and free mobile to mobile.

I think your best bet is to continue bugging her until she gives in. If you know a lot of people on ATT, you could use mobile to mobile as the selling point. I have been with ATT for years and haven't had any customer service problems.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Has she played with one in an Apple Store yet? This is a critical step!

7. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

so what the hell am I supposed to do with the gift cards that I get for x-mas ???????????? I really think Apple might be the dumbest company ever.

8. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

They want a paper trail as to who is buying iPhones. Sounds smart to me.

9. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

What if I use a gift card for like $300 of it and then use my credit card for the other $100 ??????????????/

10. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

So I should be able to use the gift card online because my name will be associated with the order ????

11. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Why not call a store and ask.

12. Eddiestein macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

Call Sprint 50 times to try and negotiate a better plan (with a contract extension). Make your expectations unrealistic. When you keep calling they'll terminate your contract without an ETF.

13. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

Call them 50 times ????? Everytime I call Sprint I am on hold for like 15 minutes at least........ That's like a million minutes of hold time.

Does anyone know if I can use a gift card for part of an Iphone and debit card for the rest.

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Apparently each place is different in enforcing the policies on this.

Don't ask here. Call your local Apple store and ask if they'll take the gift cards. It'll take you about five minutes and you'll know for sure. Then you can tell us ;)

Luck!

15. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I honestly think this paper trail nonsense is pointless...

I went to the states (from Canada) and bought 5 on my credit card. What's the big deal? That was before the limit of 2 per person. Just because somebody has good enough credit to have a credit card doesn't mean they'll use the iPhone in the States :p

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sprint is the WORST...

they continued to "double-bill" us and then it would take months to get it squared-away. We had four phones on their plan and after we got fed up with them, we told them we were moving to the island of Kauai, HI and their coverage was non-existent and that we wanted to "terminate" all four phones without a early termination fee. They allowed us to keep our phone numbers and we walked over to Cingular Wireless/AT&T and joined up about thirty minutes later, with Brand New phones. This was a few years back, so hopefully you can do the same. We were with Sprint for almost 10 years, (We had those BIG Honkin' Phones) and they had us "tied-in" to those contracts whenever we made a change to our plan and when we upgraded phones. With AT&T, for over 4 years and every time I speak with a CSR and I'm treated poorly, I say "If I wanted to be treated like CRAP, I'd still be with Sprint!" They get a laugh, and give in to my "whinning!" :cool:

17. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

used a gift card two weeks ago on a 3 iPhone purchase

18. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

I confirmed with a few stores that you "can" use a gift card to purchase an Iphone as long as you put any $$ amount on a credit card. So I will just be paying like $5 on my debit card and use gift cards for the rest of it.

19. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

i think the best thing to do is to take your wife into the city and "HAPPEN" to walk past an Apple or AT&T store, and go in and show her the iPhone.

My wife did'nt want me to have the iPhone here in the UK cos the packages are not that good, as in texts (as i text alot and never call anyone), but a collegue in work with her, had an iPhone and she had a go of it, and hey presto, got one for xmas, lol

20. GlynJones macrumors 6502

Wish Carphone Warehouse in the UK knew that. My wife went to buy me an iPhone for Christmas and we had £60 of high street store vouchers and was told we could not use them even though the bulk of the payment was going on a credit card.

We ended up walking out saying "you've just lost a sale, we'll get it direct from Apple".

21. mag2001 macrumors 6502

tell her you will really marry her if she lets you get one. lol j/k
    I love my iphone, just show her what it is all about and maybe you wont need to convince her

22. nsheikh80 macrumors regular

nsheikh80

23. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Quote of the day, haha.

24. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

I believe you are referring to your fianceé. I presume you do not have a fiance.

25. mikelliott macrumors member