Help me create a "set up"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CorvetteZR1, May 6, 2011.

1. CorvetteZR1 macrumors member

I want a new Mac set up but I can't decide what to get. I know for sure that I want a Macbook Air as part of this set up because I am a student and have to carry my things around all day. I am thinking an 11.6 inch Macbook Air would be nice for taking notes in class and it would be a dream to carry. But, then I need something bigger and faster. I do the occasional video edit in iMovie and I play the occasional game. But most of the things I do are very light, ie. word processing, internet browsing, downloading and listening to music, watching movies, uploading photos, that's about it. Also, I'm not really sure I want a desktop computer since I don't even have a desk in my apartment. I like being mobile, and I figure if I ever do want a desktop, I'll just hook up an external display. My most recent idea for a set up is this:

Macbook Air 11.6
    Macbook Pro 13" or 15"
    iPad 2
    iPhone 4
    Magic Mouse
    Portable External HDD for Time Machine

What would be a better companion to the Macbook Air and the iPad? A 13" MBP or a 15" one?

Any help and ideas are greatly appreciated!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Getting an iPad 2 and a Macbook Air just seems redundant to me. If you insist on getting an iPad, I'd go with the MBP as the more powerful supplement.