Help Me Decide! 6S 128GB OR 6SPlus 64GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mirz2000, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Should I get the 6S 128GB or the 6S+ 64GB?

1. 6S 128GB... smaller screen large memory

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 6S+ 64GB... large screen smaller memory

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  3. Warm up your credit card and get the 6S+ 128

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. mirz2000 macrumors regular

Help me decide between the 6S 128GB and the 6S+ 64GB! Is the screen or the memory more important in the long run? Or is there perhaps something else I am forgetting to consider?

I am upgrading from a 5S with only 16GB. I quickly regretted getting so little memory with the 5S. So my first instinct was to get the 6S+ with 128GB! (The Cadillac of the iPhones!) But that is pretty expensive... I was trying to figure out if I could make it by with 64; maybe I am just trying to overcompensate after 2 years of constantly deleting things off my phone every few weeks.

What do you think, is the screen more important or the memory? Somewhat relatedly, for those of you who have the Plus, do you find you don't need to use your iPad/tablet anymore? Maybe I could reason I wouldn't need to replace my aging tablet and still get the 128 GB Plus (a girl can dream).

Thanks for any advice!

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Nobody can really tell you which one is best for you. Some people would choose the 6s over the 6s+ regardless of the storage size, others would go for the bigger phone. Personally, I chose the 6s because it is a better fit for my pockets. As a "girl", you can put it in a purse, so that might not be an issue. But then your hands are likely smaller than mine, so that becomes an potential issue...

Frankly, I think that if you've survived for years on 16GB of storage, the 64 vs. 128 is a non-issue. But it depends on your storage. What kind of things are you having to remove every few weeks?

C

3. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

Screen size and storage capacity aren't related because both depend on your situation (same goes for the cost). There are plenty of threads to help you decide on each independently (search is your friend).
    It sounds like no matter which you choose you'll regret at least the screen size, storage capacity, or cost.

4. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

64GB is 4 times 16GB. It'll take you some time to fill that up (unless you plan to shoot 4k videos all day... then yes go for 128GB)

5. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Either one...since its an upgrade over your 16GB!
    [​IMG]

Ahhh yes. Choice is great.

6. Melodist macrumors regular

Melodist

I personally got the Iphone 6s non plus with 64 gigabytes and an iPad air if I really wanna work with a bigger screen. But some people have really big hands and it might be the perfect size for you.

7. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

This is my current configuration too. Another one I thought of was a 6s+ and an Apple Watch. So I can toss the phone in my bag, and get notifications on my watch. But I don't always carry my bag around, so the phone ends up back in my pocket... It's not like I wear skinny jeans or anything, but my Samsung S5 always felt too big. The 6s feels just about right.

C

8. mirz2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Pictures and messages usually... but I also try to clean through apps I don't use very often. Really anything I can to free up space... I noticed my music gets removed too (seems to happen automatically as the memory fills up?). Also, the OS takes up more and more of the memory; I can't seem to store what I used to on there.

9. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

With the ability to record 4K video... Get the 128GB. The more space the better.

10. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

with the a9 processor this phone is very future proof, go with the 128 it will give you more options going forward

11. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

The pictures you take will use storage faster with the new phone, compared to your old one. Primarily due to the higher resolution pictures, plus Live Photo (if you use it) and HDR pictures. There's also options for using the cloud, if you want to save local storage. Never understood why some people have thousands of pics on their phone, and never weed out the cr*p, and also don't investigate backing them up... Not saying YOU do that, but perhaps my ex... :)

Apps shouldn't be much bigger than what you're used to. Cleaning out the junk is never a bad idea anyway, which is why I chose to set up my 6s as new, rather than from a backup. Just restored the ones I've used recently.

The OS... Not going to change much from your current.

Music... I believe you can chose to "fill as possible" or something in iTunes. Personally, I use the cloud for my music. Not downloading everything at once to my local storage. Works fine, unless you're always in places where you don't have reception (like a subway). And if you have a larger data plan.

C

12. takeshi74 macrumors 601

People's needs/wants/usage vary so you can't just poll to determine what will work for you. You need to make the best call you can based on your specific requirements and priorities. I don't need or want a larger screen. My wife does. We both need maximum storage capacity. Her 6s+ has not reduced her usage of her iPad. YMMV.

13. Anand953 macrumors regular

Either of the phones with 64gb.. Between the phones, the choice is always your personal preference.. Som might like the combination of 6s and iPad Air and others might prefer 6s+ and iPad Air.. It all depends on what you need in your phone and how much you can trade off in terms of smooth portability experience