Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which one do you think is best for me??

• Total voters

robbo747

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Hi all,

I've owned a Sport Space Grey series 1 Watch since launch. I have decided to buy series 2 for many reasons.

I am however leaning towards the SS series 2 model now but would like your advice. Here's my thoughts below...

1. I use my Watch to track activity at the gym, work and on the football pitch.
2. I am leaning towards the Watch because I also wear it for work where I wear a suit and wanted something to look smarter.
3. I am worried about changing bands for different occasions so would probably still have the black silicone band.
4. Is the Watch much heavier than the Sport and therefore less suitable for the gym and football?
5. Could I still use it for Sport with a leather band or Milanese loop if I choose that option?

Thanks

Last edited:

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
Try them on. To me, the SS feel a lot heavier than the aluminum on my wrist during activities. Others here do not notice much difference.

Reactions: robbo747

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Hi all,

I've owned a Sport Space Grey series 1 Watch since launch. I have decided to buy series 2 for many reasons.

I am however leaning towards the SS series 2 model now but would like your advice. Here's my thoughts below...

1. I use my Watch to track activity at the gym, work and on the football pitch.
2. I am leaning towards the Watch because I also wear it for work where I wear a suit and wanted something to look smarter.
3. I am worried about changing bands for different occasions so would probably still have the black silicone band.
4. Is the Watch much heavier than the Sport and therefore less suitable for the gym and football?
5. Could I still use it for Sport with a leather band or Milanese loop if I choose that option?

Thanks
1) Either will perform this function fine.
2) From a distance they both look practically the same, though over time it may be more readily apparent you have the SS version over the aluminum because the SS appears to pick up scuffs and whatnot over time. Of course this all depends on your daily routines and habits. If you've worn the aluminum one while playing football/soccer/futbol, how does the condition of the watch you have look now?
3) All the bands are interchangeable regardless of what your case material is and swapping them around is easy. Plenty of people change bands to suit their mood. And there are lots of great quality third party options.
4) The SS is slightly heavier though that doesn't mean it's "less suitable" per se. The weight difference might be immediately noticeable but I don't think it's going to be a detriment.
5) Yes all the bands are interchangeable, they will fit but as to whether or not a certain combination looks good is a matter of personal opinion :)

Reactions: robbo747

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
I've worn the Sport aluminum and the Stainless Steel watch and didn't notice any significant weight difference.

Changing bands is easy, you can dress up an Apple Watch sport with a leather or metal bracelet. It comes down to which you prefer in terms of material. I'm thinking of the Apple Ceramic White Edition for version 2, I have the gold Sport Watch with Midnight Blue elastomer and a leather band now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.