help me decide: dinovo edge vs adesso mini for mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rbc2008, Jan 13, 2010.

1. rbc2008 macrumors newbie

Folks,

I am planning to hook my mac mini to my lcd tv. I am in need of a (wireless/bluetooth) keyboard that also has a touchpad. After digging through the various threads in the forum, I have short listed on
    1. The logitech dinovo edge for mac
    2. Adesso Wireless slimtouch mini for mac.

The mac mini will not only act as a media center but also allow me to browse the net, chat, twitter etc. In this regards, which of the above keyboards would be best suited.

Here is the link for the adesso keyboard
    http://adesso-shop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_23&products_id=34

Thanks for your help.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

do you have an iPhone or iPod Touch? Get RowMote Pro. It is a remote, keyboard and trackpad in one.

3. rbc2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will look into it.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm a big fan of the diNovo Edge. You can read my thoughts here. The trackpad isn't the best though...

5. brendu macrumors 68020

I have the adesso (pc version) for my htpc Its pretty good but the trackpad sucks when compared to my MBP... I still like it and would recommend it though.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I am typing on the dinovo edge mac edition right now. It's a really great keyboard. I use to use it with a mac mini media center, and it did the job perfectly.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I tried the dinovo edge for my htpc, and ultimately settled on a combination of the Adesso and AirMouse on my iPhone.

The trackpad on the dinovo was not very good, and the keyboard is just huge for something that it always out in the livingroom. Also, having to have it on that charging base is just stupid. The Adesso's trackpad is not great, but it generally works fine, and it runs on regular batteries that last months and months. It's also compact enough that I can tuck it away in the drawer of our coffee table when not using it. My primary complaint is that it automatically goes to sleep after 5 or 10 minutes, and the only way to wake it up is to press a key several times.

8. rbc2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Since there were many people complaining about the dinovo edge, and also I did not like the aesthetics of the adesso, I went ahead and purchased the logitec cordless mediaboard pro.
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Play...UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264572528&sr=8-1-spell

My initial reaction is the trackpad is not comfortable and I am trying to get keyboard mappings correct. I will test this for a day or two before I decide if I want to keep it or not. I am thinking of going with the apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse.

But thanks for all your replies.