Help me decide if I should get AppleCare+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxray, Sep 20, 2014.

1. xxray macrumors 6502

I know this thread has been made a few times but I wondering if you guys could specifically help me decide if it's worth it.

So my situation is:

• I've never broke or significantly damaged any of my phones.
    • I'll be having a case on my phone most of the time
    • I bought 6+ 64GB for full price ($849, $900+ with taxes)
    • I've never stayed with the same phone for 2 whole years but I came close to it once with the 4S

Any input on whether or not you think I should get AppleCare+ would be greatly appreciated.

Also, this might be a dumb question but, if I do get AC+, does the accidental damage cover the whole 2 years (1st year of warranty everyone gets, 2nd year of warranty extended due to the AC+) or just the 2nd year?

Thanks!

2. mxidis88 macrumors member

mxidis88

For the first time ever, I purchased Applecare+ when I bought my 6. This is also the first time I've ever purchased an $800 phone. The coverage is for 2 years, total and includes two accidental damage replacements with a deductible of $79. The out of warranty replacements look to be $299 for the 6 and $329 for the 6+.

I like to go case-less and will probably use one of my replacements before I resell it, so it'll be a brand new iPhone. Hopefully, I never have to use the other one, but it's there if I do drop it or it gets wet or what not. AC+ covers accidental damage anytime within the two-year period. If you're buying the phone out-right ($900+) what's another $99 on top of that. Go for it.