Help me decide if this is a good deal

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Melodeath, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I can get the most recent 15" MBP, 2.8 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 5400 RPM, for $1599. It's new, not a refurb or used.

Or, for $1799, it will also include a Classic iPod, free printer, and 3-year AppleCare plan.

How good of a deal is this really? I've been waiting for Arrandale since November or earlier, but now that my desktop died, I need a new computer pronto. Because I was waiting, I haven't done very much research on the current gen pricing.

Obviously this is significantly cheaper than buying from apple.com, but are there lots of deals like this going on?

Thanks

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

In my opinion, thats a great deal.

Where is this comin from?

3. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Pronto says that you can buy. If you want an iPod, buy that too.

In fact, get the bundle deal, you can always sell the items and obviously keep the AppleCare. Can you get the anti-glare option?

Enjoy your computer!

4. Melodeath thread starter macrumors 6502a

A small "Apple hub" at my school is trying to sell off all their stuff because they will not exist next semester. So, they are selling under education discount

5. Coldmode macrumors regular

Holy god that's a great deal. I paid $2400 for the same computer last semester.

Get the iPod, printer and AppleCare, sell the iPod and printer if you don't need them.

I am envious. Use the $800 you save to get an iPad!! =D