Help Me Decide: Incipio Lexington vs STM Skinny vs ZooGue vs Targus Slim Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Photography, Mar 10, 2012.

?

Which case should I choose?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2012.
  1. Incipio Lexington

65.2%
  2. STM Skinny

8.7%
  3. ZooGue

6.5%
  4. Targus Slim Case

19.6%
  1. Photography, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I'm currently deciding between the Incipio Lexington, STM Skinny, Targus Slim Case, and ZooGue cases for the new iPad.

Which case do you recommend?

2. Advil macrumors 6502a

I was torn between the STM and the Lexington. I'm 95% sure I'll go with the STM Skinny because I like the Red and Blue colors, and I think the polyester will feel nice in my hand.

I won't even consider the ZooGue because that guy was extremely annoying here when he was spamming that product.

3. glen e macrumors 68030

rather sanctimonious don't you think?....asking us to "convince" you....I don't care which one you buy...no one has any answers here yet....

4. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

Sorry for any confusion. I'm not asking anyone to convince me. I'm just asking for advice. Also, if you can't contribute to the thread, please stay out of it.

5. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

Was trying to decide this myself yesterday as well. I went for the Lexington. The texture or pattern on the STM Skinny kept me away, as well as the I heard someone say the loop part on the skinny loosened up and was not holding the cover. The Lexington has every feature I wanted plus, there's a thread on here with a 15% discount. Not bad, IMO.

Hope that helped in some way! Happy Shopping.

6. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

Thanks, that was very helpful! I'm also deciding between the Lexington and the Targus Slim Case.

7. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

i ordered a lexington, hoping it looks as good in person as it does online. It's thin, works with the iPad's auto on/off feature, and it doesn't protrude past the bezel on the front.

I also used the coupon, $6 off

8. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

I went with the Lexington also because I'm not really fond of the material of the Skinny. Hope I made the right choice though.

9. LJ50 macrumors member

I'm quite tempted by the Skinny, just because it appears to be about 20% lighter than the Lexington (and about 60% lighter than the Switcheasy Canvas, which I've used with my iPad 2).

The new Skinny seems to offer more protection than the old one, but still looks .... well, skinny.

10. rgr555 macrumors 6502

11. mikepro macrumors 6502

I'm personally going with the Targus.

I like the colors, (going with Indigo, cream, or gray), and the contrasting stitching. I think it looks really classy. I also like how it shows the Apple logo in back, (some don't like this), and doesn't have a flap tab you have to tuck into a loop when you close it like the Incipio. That would get annoying. Targus also, has a stylus holder which some people may care about.

Both are great, I just like the looks, colors, and features of the Targus a bit better. Incipio price is much better though.

12. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Targus

The idea of a big flap sticking out when I fold the cover back is gross...

13. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

Thanks for everyone's replies! I'm going to go with the Targus Slim Case.

14. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

Lexington for sure, i ordered one too. the Targus is 50 bucks compared to the lexington which is $34. also what is that stylus holder on the back of the Targus case lol, and the apple logo is exposed on the back which can get scratched. i dont like that case. sure, its slim but i dont like it.

15. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

The only thing that I don't like about the Targus is that it has a big cut out for the apple logo. A lot of dust and dirt's going to get in there and going to scratch the back of the ipad.

16. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

thats my point, thats opening is no good there.

17. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

+1 x 10 and a hug.

I'm doing the smart cover and the Marware back cover deal. I'd prefer the casemate one I think because it covers everything on back but for now I have to settle due to these things not shipping right away. According to Marware, my black one shipped on Friday.

Of the three you picked I really liked the Targus.

19. Awjvail macrumors 6502

I went with the STM Skinny... Cheaper than the Lexington, especially after the discount code.

The colour selection for the Incipio Lexington was far too limited... I didn't feel either of them would work for me.

20. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

anyone care to share the lexington coupon code?

----------

FBFAN2012

FAIL2012 :facepalm:

21. LR Hog macrumors newbie

I went with the Lexington

I also bought their Inscribe Stylus as well because of the Coupon Code. I hope I like it. I think we are all taking a leap of faith here.