Help me decide lifeproof or atlas case iphone 5s.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Legionnaire, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

Has anyone messed around with both? What in your opinion is better. I personally have a 4s lifeproof and content. But my att has both cases for 40 bucks, except finger scammer won't work, also I'm unsure if either case will effect the flash on new phones (waiting on iphone in mail) even if you cannot comment on flash

What seems to be better built:longevity?

2. Hurley82989 macrumors member

as someone who has owned both cases (if you're talking about the lifeproof fre and not the nuud), i can overwhelmingly say that the lifeproof is better.

even though there are newton rings (aka oil slicks) with the fre, they're barely noticeable when the screen is on and the case weighs next to nothing. screen sensitivity is great and the only other downside is that you have to use the screw in adapter for headphones other than the stock apple ones.

by comparison, while the atlas has that wonderful glass screen protector the screen sensitivity was AWFUL. i mean i had to pound the glass to make it register and typing was very frustrating. also, by comparison the atlas weighs significantly more than the fre. also, the bottom part you have to open to charge your phone was extremely difficult to open. just my 2 cents.

3. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

so to use the apple headphones you can just plug them in? I use them in the car everyday, so I'd rather not have to use any adapters...I'm thinking of the nuud...

4. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I personally didn't have real difficulty with screen of atlas. I did have horrible sound quality from earpiece and speaker, so I went with the Fre on my 5 and was much happier.

But once the nuud came out, that was made even better and I switched to the nuud for my 5.

5. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. Taking atlas back and not even trying to use it

Bought both cases since had limited stock while I debated which to keep
    Yeah atlas glass screen was appealing but screw no sensitivity,

My 4s lifeproof fre is pretty beat up, marks etc but my phone is immaculate under it.

Is the nuude awesome though? It's not half off as att locally doesn't carry it

Lifeproof fre-$40
    Lifeproof nuude-$90

I'm getting fre due to price difference