Help me decide on a case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by k-mill, May 18, 2010.

1. k-mill macrumors newbie

So, I have been able to narrow it down to three cases but I still need some help in figuring out which will work best.

Case #1: Speck Candyshell, I like the protection that it will give, but it is bulky.

Case #2: Switcheasy Capsule Neo, I really like the black one it looks awesome. It doesn't seem to be as bulky as the candyshell but not sure on the protection. I'm also worried about that paper thin membrane that is put on first, it seems like it will tear very easily.

Case #3: Switcheasy Torrent, Looks very nice and seems like it is a very simple case, but not sure about the main skin on the phone, seems like it would be sticky when your moving your phone in and out of your pockets.

Another plus with the Switcheasy cases is the fact that you get so much stuff. I especially like the plugs that you get. Does anyone know if the adhesive screen protectors that you get with all of these cases will damage the coating that is on the screen of the 3gs?

Thanks ahead of time!

2. k-mill thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I can only answer for the Capsule Neo and the screen protectors that came with it. First, the screen protectors doesn't need any adhesive, they use static cling so no other residue is left when you take it off or put it on. It won't damage your 3GS screen (mine hasn't).

Capsule Neo is a very nice case, but of course like any other cases there are cons. Search the forums cause there's a very long thread about the Neo cases, the white ones get dirty easily and the black ones aren't that durable as they said. I had both before, I prefer the black Neo over the white since I hate stains. Their switcheasy logo too is raised at the back of the case so that might raise a concern when you put your iPhone on the table it will tend to wiggle.

4. hushmartin macrumors 6502

As an alternative to the Candyshell, you might like the Speck Seethru or seethru satin. They are thinner and noticeably less bulky than the Candyshell, yet they still offer really good protection. I'm a huge fan of mine.

5. capecod565 macrumors member

Great cases!

I happened across this site from a classmate,,,,,
    http://www.getuncommon.com/
    Pick your favourite photos and upload the highest resolution one you have, crop it and get it the way you want it to look first.
    Then you can have them make you a custom case. I did it with a picture of our dog, its great!
    Jane