iPad Help me decide on iPad keyboard cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Gman021, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Gman021 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I always (for some dumb reason) thought keyboard cases were unnecessary and useless. But I've noticed some people in my classes have them, so now I'm interested. Please help me decide if it's worth it and what models are the best.

I have an iPad Air. I don't use it often, but it gets a lot of use when viewing PDF notes to study.

I also have a retina MacBook Pro. It's great, but it would be nice to keep the computer and charger at my desk rather than bringing it with me everywhere when it's only really needed to take notes.

What do you guys think of the cases?

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Not much. Since I don't need a keyboard with my ipad 24/7, I didn't want to put up with the bulk 24/7. Instead, I chose to get a stand-alone keyboard. If I need it with me, I toss it in the bag. My iPad stays in its own folio-type case which folds into a stand. Now, with the two decoupled, I was able to get a decent keyboard at a good price.

3. smileycon macrumors member

4. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Headphones.

Those these bluetooth keyboard folios and cases are great, it is only the ZAGG Keyboard Cover ZAGGKeysCover which allows for all types of earphones to plug easily.

Currently using the ClamcasePro for iPad Air and it is the worst, it only allows the generic Apple earbuds style plug to go in.

5. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I use a Logitech ultra-thin keyboard cover. I don't want a keyboard all the time and this adds minimal bulk when necessary.

6. CtotheP macrumors regular

I use the 2014 version of the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard for the Air. It's got amazing battery life, and the dedicated function keys become more and more usable each day.

With that said, I'm still looking for a back cover for my Air that could be used while docked w/ the Logitech Keyboard