help me decide on new earbuds

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Moshiiii, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Im at a standstill deciding between the Shure E2c ($78), Shure E3c ($138), V-Moda Vibe ($74). I use earbuds four hours everyday at my work. I work in a same room as a printing press so isolation is very important for me. I also have small ear cannals it seems because on my old sonys i used the smallest plug. I mostly listen to audiobooks at work also. Anyone got any two cents. I searched old thread and did a lot of research but I wanted to get current opinions. Thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My Shure E2Cs are great, and I've only heard good things about the E3Cs...I would recommend whichever you can afford of these :)

3. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

The only reason im considering the E3Cs is that I heard the earbuds are a bid smaller which would benefit me. Otherthan that I think $140 might be a tad bit overkill.

4. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Hey. I've got the V-Moda Vibes, and I like them a lot, as far as earbuds go. However, they aren't the best at isolating noise. They do to some extent, but they probably aren't the best at that. They do sound great, look great, and are small and durable.

If you're looking for isolation in a set of earbuds, try Etymotic Research. They're probably the best in that respect, and will sound great as well.

5. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

i have the e4c's and theyre wonderful. they even make a version of e4c's with heavier bass, if you listen to bass-heavy music. i got mine for less than $200 on ebay, thought they sticker for $300+ in your apple or brick/mortar store.

edit: oh btw they come with like at least 6 different ear buds, so youre bound to find one that fits.

6. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I highly suggest anything by shure.

I had the e2c and they were great. I ended up wearing them out and getting the se310's. I love the se310's.

I mostly use mine for country music and audio books. I work on a golf course so isolation was important and the se310's work as well as earplugs

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'll second the Vibes. Wonderful sound quality, it is truly amazing. They isolate sound fine for me

8. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

9. aye5882 macrumors member

i don't recommend shure's at all except for the e500/se530. all the audiophiles agree that they are not worth the price (check out www.headfi.org). i would second the v-moda for pure sound quality at this price range. it you're looking for more isolation, i would recommend the etymotic er6i or just er6. these are very accurate in sound but are not bass heavy at all.

you can also try the ultimate ears line. 70% of the professional musicians own a pair of these earphones and use them for their performances. if you've seen a live concert or a concert on tv, you can see something in their ears or something hanging from their shoulders. those earphones are most likely UE. i actually have the custom made UE5c.... and they are awesome.

10. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

those are used airphones, which means some of those earbuds will have his ear wax in them. whether the sound has been comprimised well that just depends on how well he cared for them. i would just go for shure e2cs for $70 off amazon.

11. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Will the v-moda have the same isolation as my $40 sonys that broke?

12. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I think the Shure E2c are a great value at that price. I've had those headphones for almost 2 years now, and they are still going strong. I do take good care of them, though.

13. netdog macrumors 603

netdog